Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Let's connect,

Recently I got an email from Gigi, telling how her DD became public to her children. It was a rather embarrassing experience for her. That got me thinking. I bet there are lots of embarrassing stories out there. Perhaps reading about times when other wives' faces were as red as their rear ends, would help us feel better when we have one of those mortifying situations. So here goes, Send me your stories of embarrassing DD experiences and I'll pass them along on this post, Anonymously, of course. my email address is lisasjoydd@gmail.com.

I'll start by setting a good example and telling you one of my most embarrassing stories.

***Lisa Gets Caught***
Before Hubby and I started helping other couples in their relationships, our DD relationship existed in a complete cone of silence, as do most people's. One day, I was hanging out with a girl friend and I took out my old flip-phone to show her a funny text someone had sent me. While she had it, a text from Hubby popped up. "Lisa, I got the credit card statement, today. Was there something you forgot to tell me? When I get home I expect you to be  in the corner. I'm going to give you a sound , young lady!"

My friend gasped, and handed the phone back to me. I had to spend the next hour convincing her that my husband was not abusing me. Thinking of her imagining me getting  was almost worse than the  itself, that night. That was the first time anyone knew about our DD. I was afraid I had lost a friend. But 3 months later, she confided in me that she had been thinking about DD ever since that day and that she had finally asked her hubby to do DD. She reported that their relationship had been saved by DD. That's actually one of the first steps we took toward opening up to help other couples through DD. She and I have a closer bond than ever, and our hubby's feel comfortable administering  to us in each others presence. It's still embarrassing, but not so bad anymore.

**********

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Research on DD

PLEASE NOTE: A reader pointed out to me that the link to the study is now dead. indeed it is. It seems to have been scrubbed from the site...